Outrageous you say! Well like all seemingly overwhelming tasks they become much easier if you break them down into smaller more manageable tasks.
Here is some food for thought. All players could have a single digit handicap if they could accurately:
1. Drive the ball 195 yds on average
2. Have a fairway shot of 160 yds on average
Assuming 2 putts per green, the golfer can:
· Score par on par 3’s up to 195 yds in length
· Score par on par 4’s up to 355 yds in length
· Score par on par 5’s up to 515 yds in length
On an average course, this golfer would score in the high 70’s or low 80’s… not bad.